This is my great grandfather’s WW1 draft registration card.
- This document was apparently filled out on 5 June 1917.
- He lists his address as 1415 So. 13 Street (???), Omaha, Nebraska
- William Obteshka claims that he was born 3 July 1889 in Minsk, Russia.
- His age at the time of registration was 28 years.
- He claims to be a citizen of Russia.
- He claims that his occupation was that of “Stationery Fireman” for the W.O.W. Building in Omaha, Douglas, Nebraska.
- He is married with a wife and two small children.
- He was identified as being of medium height and medium build,with gray eyes and light brown hair.
The original source documents were obtained through Ancestry.com and are provided below (please see detailed citation information at bottom of page).
Registration State: Nebraska; Registration County: Douglas; Roll: 1711762; Draft Board: 4
Ancestry.com. U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2005.
Original data: United States, Selective Service System. World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration. M1509, 4,582 rolls. Imaged from Family History Library microfilm.